For more Reliable, Sustainable, and Appealing Transportation Infrastructure and Systems
Equans Transport's mission is to expand Equans' activities in railway and urban transport in Canada and the United States.
Whether it's for metro, mainline trains, trams, road networks, or urban transportation (electric buses), we support companies and authorities in the design, construction, maintenance, and optimization of tomorrow's major infrastructures.
Our scope of action covers three areas:
- Electrification and decarbonized power systems for electric trains and buses;
- Communication, energy, security, and supervision systems for public transport networks (railway, urban, and road);
- Digitalization of services to enhance performance and user experience.
The Expertise of Thousands of Employees Worldwide
As a leader in railway electrification in Europe, Equans supports the Energy Transition of regions and contributes to sustainable and decarbonized mobility.
With our extensive experience, we are now involved in all modes of transportation, including public transit, roads, and long-haul networks, whether for passengers or goods.
For over 40 years, Equans has been designing, implementing, and optimizing safe, sustainable, and attractive transportation systems.
Your Partner for the Decarbonization of your Infrastructure
Overhead catenary systems, electric power supply systems, signaling systems, ventilation of underground structures, onboard Wi-Fi, fast-charging installations for buses, real-time passenger information, etc. Our technicians and engineers develop, integrate, install, and operate solutions that:
- Facilitate Mobility;
- Improve Traffic Management;
- Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions;
- Contribute to Safety, Accessibility, and Passenger Comfort.
We believe that the electrification of transportation infrastructures and systems is the key to decarbonize mobility.
An integrated approach:
✅ Design and Engineering
✅ Project Management
✅ Construction and Installation
✅ Testing and Commissioning
Today, transportation infrastructures need to be reimagined to address the challenges of modern territories, including attractiveness, energy performance, smooth traffic flow, and passenger safety and accessibility.
Whether it's Brussels' or Paris' Metros, Dakar's TER, the Moroccan high-speed line, or the trams of Cuenca and Sidi Bel Abbes, we contribute to tomorrow's transportation infrastructures.
What about Canada?
Since 2019, we have been actively involved in Montreal's Réseau Express Métropolitain (REM) project. The REM is a new fully automated light rail transit system that will serve 26 stations and cover 67 km from Southeast to Northwest, crossing the greater Montreal area. It is Quebec's most significant public transportation project in the past 50 years.
Our teams are responsible for the engineering, procurement, and construction of the overhead catenary system for power collection, as well as testing and commissioning.
This project will contribute to decarbonizing transportation in the Montreal region, promote intermodality and connections with other modes of transportation, and expand the network in the greater metropolitan area.
Our Services and Solutions
Power Supply and Electrification
- Traction/Low Voltage Power Supply and Distribution
- Overhead Line Systems
- Electric Bus Charging Solutions
- Electrical Highway for Trucks
Electromechanical Safety and Security Equipment
- Ventilation of Underground Structures
- Platform Screen Doors
- Video Surveillance
- Fire Detection System/Safety Sound Systems
- Deployment of Signaling Systems
- Analog and Digital Signaling Equipment SIL4
- Outsourced and Connected Maintenance
Onboard Connectivity and Telecommunication Solutions
- Real-time Journey Information
- Passenger WI-FI, Onboarding Entertainment
- Fleet Management
- Multiservices Transmission Network