When Data becomes a Significant Source of Added Value
Since the emergence of the first connected objects (Internet of Things) over 40 years ago, new technologies have revolutionized how we design workplaces and living spaces. From space management to occupant services, energy efficiency to predictive maintenance, connected buildings now offer multiple possibilities.
Artificial intelligence, big data, 5G, digital twins, etc. For a property developer or facility manager, unlocking the full potential of the data available in their building is primarily about optimizing their time, costs, and operational performance. But where to start and for what purpose? Equans Services shows you the path to digital transition.
But, what exactly is a Smart Building?
Imagine this... You arrive at the entrance gate of your office building and a software guides you to your reserved parking spot. As you enter the building, you can see in real-time the available meeting rooms and the room where your guests are waiting for you.
Space monitoring, digital concierge services, and health risk management, etc. A "Smart Building" leverages technology and its interactions with the building itself, its users, and its environment to assist owners and stakeholders in achieving their overall goals.
Enhancing your Performance
For a co-working space or hospital manager, remote monitoring of energy consumption, room occupancy, or cleaning services can be highly beneficial. However, not all solutions offer the same value-added benefits. It depends on your expectations and the function of your building. Whether you need a specific app (for workplace management, smart rooms, performance tracking, etc.) or a more comprehensive approach that orchestrates and analyzes all your data in real-time, Equans Services can help you map your needs and identify performance drivers.
What is our goal? To help you reduce costs (such as energy, maintenance, and upkeep) or generate new revenue streams (such as paid services, site attractiveness, shared cross-services, etc.).
How does it work?
When it comes to new technologies, the foundation of everything is "data". Whether you're building a new building or already have sensors, automation, or hardware in place, the challenge is to gather, manage, and correlate data from your internal and external systems to enable them to provide precise services through software or IT solutions.
With a global network of 6,000 experts, Equans Services helps you build the architecture you need to transition from the physical world to the digital world. We are not linked to any specific provider, which means our teams of specialists in software, middleware, and hardware can integrate all types of solutions, existing and future, regardless of their origin and protocol.
A Comprehensive Service
Once the data is retrieved and structured, it is possible to use it at various levels of intelligence. This ranges from supervisory control (check out our Building Automation Systems offer) to Building Information Modeling (BIM) or predictive analysis. In all cases, we take care of designing, integrating, and maintaining the solution throughout its lifecycle.
Through dashboards, you can visualize real-time vital functions of your building, conduct simulations, and even identify trends that will allow you to optimize energy or maintenance, for example.
What About Tomorrow?
Augmented reality, artificial intelligence, blockchain, metaverse, etc. In the world of smart buildings, you'll always find passionate individuals who will tell you what the future holds. At Equans Services, we believe there's no one-size-fits-all approach. There are specific needs, changing contexts, and environments that will guide your own digital strategy, ecosystem of solutions, and technological choices. With a DNA of technicians, operators, as well as digitalization specialists, our teams have all the tools to accompany you at every stage of your project.
Our ambition? To transform your building into a service-oriented, connected building that addresses the unique challenges of your industry in terms of usage, performance, and sustainability.
We Understand your Challenges
✅ Lowering costs and optimizing contracts
✅ Saving time and resources
✅ Enhancing security
✅ Optimizing energy usage and reducing carbon footprint
✅ Improving comfort and quality of experience
✅ Reducing health and sanitation risks
✅ Increasing operational performance
✅ Generating and managing knowledge
How can we help you in your Journey?
- Arrival: Parking spot reservation, parking access and guidance, vehicle charging and charger availability, etc.
- Entry: Badge creation and configuration or smartphone authentication, security check, etc.
- Navigation: Access control to floors, wayfinding assistance and space awareness, compliance with health regulations, etc.
- Building Life and Interactions: Real-time information and easy access to online information (video, events, procedures, etc.), real-time notifications, incident reporting, etc.
- Workspace and Collaboration: Searching for spaces that meet my needs and comfort preferences, workstation booking, support request, etc.
- Meeting Spaces: Easy search and booking of suitable meeting rooms, remote control of comfort features (lighting, heating, blinds), synchronization and activation of HVAC systems, etc.
- Catering: Table reservation or restaurant services, browsing of services and menus, estimation of wait times, etc.
- Health and Wellness: Booking appointments with a psychologist, digital concierge services, community services, reservation of rest spaces, etc.
- Operation and Maintenance: Command and control of comfort parameters, security management, continuous energy management and commissioning, air quality control, system hypervision and performance monitoring, centralized incident management and intervention management, etc.
- Adaptability: Optimizing spaces and flows, simulating flows, optimizing cleaning and maintenance, etc.