BOMA BEST is the largest assessment and certification program in Canada, launched in 2005. Version 3.0 of the BOMA BEST program for eco-responsible buildings constitutes a complete renewal. With this release, the program has evolved to include new questions, categories, and best practices.
The assessment provides a coherent framework for owners, managers and operators to critically assess the ten key areas of environmental performance and management:
- Air quality
- Health and safety
- Maintenance services
- Residual material
- Stakeholders commitment
BOMA BEST certification is valid for a duration of three years. Equans supports its customers in obtaining such certification. Don't hesitate to contact us for more information on how we can assist you to get certified and more!
ISO 50001 integrates energy efficiency into management practices and enables organizations to establish the systems and processes necessary to continually improve energy performance, promote an energy performance improvement culture and make better use of existing energy-consuming assets and processes. ISO 50001 also helps organizations evaluate and prioritize the implementation of new energy-efficient technologies.
ISO 50001 defines a framework of requirements so that organizations can:
- Implement a more efficient use of energy policy
- Define targets and objectives to develop this policy
- Develop methodical energy management in order to prioritize energy performance
- Centralize and secure data to better understand the challenges of energy consumption and make better decisions to address them
- Measure the results
- Review policy efficiency, and
- Continuously improve energy management
ISO 50001 main objectives are to address the scarcity of energy and the sustainable increase in its price, while contributing to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.